5.15.2012
Chuck the Shitty Friends!
Sometime last year, I had a revelation concerning my quest to Chuck the Shit! I realized that I had a lot of friends who didn't really care about me. I started examining my interactions with them. Did they hang out with me just to hang out? I soon discovered that most of my "friends" were people who needed something from me besides companionship. Whether a hot meal, a place to sleep, money, booze, or whatever, I was extremely disappointed to find out that "they" only needed me when they "needed" me. The solution? Stop giving them what they wanted. Soon enough, the true friends floated to the surface. I found my life to be much simpler and much less aggravating. Since my revelation, I have made new friends that truly care about me and want nothing from me. I have formed deeper bonds with the old friends who weren't mooching shit off me. I value my friends more than ever now. So don't be afraid to Chuck the Shitty Friends! They might learn something about themselves and you definitely will learn something about yourself - what your "emotional currency" is worth to others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment